MILLIONS ARE AT RISK
Donate to our Cyclone Idai appeal
could provide an emergency kit with tarpaulin and rope.
could pay for a cholera rapid test kit to treat and fight the spread of disease.
could provide a box of 16,000 water purification tablets to provide safe drinking water to families
Please enter a different amount
We accept all major credit cards and PayPal
Tropical Cyclone Idai has ripped through Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Malawi, killing at least 500 people and leaving a trail of destruction in its path.
Over 900,000 children have been affected - a number likely to rise in the coming days - and it’s a race against time to help families fighting for survival.
Tens of thousands of children will have experienced unimaginable trauma and may have been separated from their parents.
There are people living without water, food, shelter and healthcare – and a risk of an outbreak of potentially fatal diseases like cholera.
Our teams are already on the ground in Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Malawi, fighting to protect children as the full scale of the disaster unfolds.
HOW YOUR DONATIONS CAN HELP CHILDREN NOW
Your support is vital as we distribute essential supplies and relief items across the three countries to help children and families in urgent need.
- Tents, blankets and tarpaulin to shelter families who have lost their homes
- Buckets, jerry cans and water purification tablets so families can access clean, safe drinking water
- Hygiene kits to help keep families clean and stop the spread of deadly diseases
In addition to distributing these essential items, we plan to;
- Identify children separated from their families and reunite them where possible or help them access the alternative care they need
- Set up child-friendly spaces within shelters to provide a safe place and respite from the chaos
The need for immediate physical and emotional support is critical. You can make a difference and save lives - please donate now to our Cyclone Idai Appeal.
Our Emergency Health Unit
Our Emergency Health Unit - a world-class team of doctors, nurses and logistics experts – have been on the ground assessing the situation and preparing to respond since before Cyclone Idai hit.
Our response is focussed on alleviating the suffering of children, ensuring they have access to the basics they need to survive and rebuild their lives whilst protecting their rights and their futures.
In addition to distributing the essential items above, we plan to:
· Identify children who have been separated from their families and reunite them with their families where possible or help them access the alternative care they need.
· Set up child-friendly spaces within shelters to provide children with a safe place and respite from the chaos
In the wake of this disaster, the need for immediate physical and emotional support for children is critical.
You can donate now to support those affected in Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Malawi.
WORKING WITH THE DEC
The DEC brings 14 leading UK aid charities together in times of crisis: ActionAid, Age International, British Red Cross, CAFOD, Care International, Christian Aid, Concern Worldwide, Islamic Relief, Merlin, Oxfam, Plan UK, Save the Children, Tearfund and World Vision; all collectively raising money to reach those in need quickly.
To find all the latest information about the DEC visit their website
Find out more
Your browser or network settings do not allow features used by this page. Please try a different browser or network.