STATEMENT: REPORTS OF AN AIRSTRIKE ON A FUNERAL IN YEMEN
Thursday, 16 February 2017 - 4:07pm
Save The Children comments.
**Visuals of children injured in the attack available here.**
Following reports of an airstrike by the Saudi-led coalition on a funeral in Sana’a, Grant Pritchard, Save the Children’s Deputy Country Director for Yemen, said:
“This attack was horrific. We’ve heard at least one child was killed, and our teams have just visited a hospital where they saw two infants who had been seriously injured, including a one-year-old girl with shrapnel wounds to her stomach and burns right across her face. The little girl’s aunt told us her mother had been killed in the attack and there are still two children missing in the rubble.
“Attacks like this have been carried out by all sides with impunity for nearly two years, and all too often it is children and their families that are paying the price. Nearly 1,500 children have been killed and thousands maimed. The bombs are landing on homes, they are landing on schools, and they are landing on hospitals. These are crimes, pure and simple. It is unforgivable.”
Spokespeople on the ground in Yemen or in London are available for interview.
Please contact email@example.com / +44 2070126841 (+44 7831 650409 out of hours) for more information.