We have begun to distribute food parcels, water, hygiene products and recreational kits to families in Gaza through local partners.
We have also started to provide mental health and psychosocial support to children and their families and we’re delivering cash to families to help them to buy essentials.
In Egypt, we’re supporting hospitals and ambulances to receive medical evacuees from Gaza, including assistance for premature babies, and we’re training frontline staff on child safeguarding as well as mental health and psychosocial support.
While we welcomed the temporary pause, we need a lasting ceasefire to allow a full scale up of aid getting into Gaza as well as to stop starvation, dehydration and disease.
Our teams are ready to scale up our response as soon as it’s possible to do so. This response will include:
- distributing more essential supplies, such as water, food, toiletries, cooking utensils, and other household essentials
- delivering further Mental Health and Psychosocial Support services for children and caregivers
- setting up child friendly spaces so children have a safe space to play and recover
- distributing warm clothes and blankets, as well as more cash and vouchers so families can buy food, medicines and any other essentials.
- providing fuel and water infrastructure for hospitals and distributing water storage tanks
- ensuring children continue to have access to education, by setting up temporary learning spaces and repairing damaged schools
- identifying the most at-risk children for referrals to protection related services
- deploying our Emergency Health Unit and procuring essential medical equipment
We're also responding to escalating needs in Lebanon, and gearing up our teams across the region to prepare for any rise in children's needs as the situation evolves.
But we can’t do it without your help. Please donate now.