Terms & Conditions
Please read the following carefully
The Save the Children Fund
A registered company limited by guarantee (Company No. 178159)
Registered Charity No. 213890 (England & Wales) and SC039570 (Scotland)
Registered office: 1 St John's Lane, London EC1M 4AR
How we use your personal information
Access to and use of this website (http://www.savethechildren.org.uk/) any related websites within the domain of savethechildren.org.uk (the "Website") is provided by The Save the Children Fund (“Save the Children”) and is subject to the following terms:
- For the purposes of this agreement, "content" means material including, without limitation, text, video, graphics and audio, published on the Website, whether copyright of Save the Children or a third party.
- Save the Children does not warrant that the functions contained in this Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the content.
- Save the Children does not warrant that functions contained in the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes it available on the internet are virus-free.
- No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure; therefore any information sent by e-mail or submitted through the Website is at your own risk.
- The Website is provided "as is" without any representations or any form of warranty (whether made expressly or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- Save the Children reserves the right to change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of the Website after any changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
- The terms and use of the Website shall be governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- By donating to Save the Children via text you agree to have the donation sum and the cost of a standard text message added to your 'pay monthly' mobile phone bill or deducted from your 'pay as you go' mobile phone credit.
- If you donate online or via text by purchasing items from either our Virtual Clinic or our Wishlist, your money may not be used to buy the selected item but is a representation for what your money may be used. Donations through gifts in the Wishlist will contribute to projects related to the gift theme. Donations through items in the Virtual Clinic will be used to help fund the cost of building and maintaining seven new clinics with staff and equipment in Bangladesh.
- Should donations for any particular appeal exceed our target for that appeal then we will use your donation to help other vulnerable children around the world wherever the need is greatest.
- Refunds are at the discretion of Save the Children.
- We do not actively fundraise from the under 18s and will aim to ensure that no under 18's are contacted with marketing material.
- All material on the Website is the copyright of Save the Children or third parties. You may view the content of this site on screen. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use the Website content in any way except for non-commercial, personal or educational use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the Website's content except for non-commercial, personal or educational use. Any other use of the Website content requires the prior written permission of Save the Children.
- The names, images and logos identifying Save the Children or any other third parties referred to on the Website and their products and services may be subject to copyright, design rights or trade mark rights. These trademarks may not be reproduced without the consent of the relevant owners. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trademark, design right or copyright of Save the Children or any other third party.
- You agree to use the Website for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, nor restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of, the Website.
- Save the Children will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from the use or loss of use of the Website, or the loss of data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising from or in connection with the use of the Website.
- Your use of any third party websites is at your own risk and subject to their respective terms & conditions and privacy policies.
- Contributions must be your own, they must be civil and tasteful. They must not contain any unlawful or objectionable content and they must not infringe the law. You agree that Save the Children shall not be responsible for your or anyone else’s contributions to its Website or any form of social media. Should you identify contributions which are unlawful, distasteful or otherwise objectionable then please contact Save the Children: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you providing your details or contributions to us you are stating that you are over 18 years of age or are a minor with parental consent. You agree that any information you provide to us about yourself upon registration or at any time will be true and accurate.
- You agree to review this agreement periodically to ensure you are aware of any changes.
Contact Save the Children Supporter Care on:
email: - email@example.com
phone: - 0207 012 6400