Recruitment at Save The Children UK After Brexit
Advice for job applicants
Save the Children is a great place to work and to find out more about what we offer you can find out here. To help us fight for children every single day we need to hire the best talent available in the sector, and after Brexit we want to continue to do this. Your skills and experience are important to us and we would still encourage you to apply for any roles that you are suitable for.
If you are an EU national who applies for a role at Save the Children and is successful in securing it during the transition period, i.e. between now and December 2020, you will be able to relocate to and work in the UK without restriction. A new immigration system will be in place for those arriving from 1st January 2021 and more information will be provided once it becomes available to us. Save the Children will continue to monitor developments in this area and provide advice when more information exists.
You may wish to seek the advice of a specialist immigration adviser and the following UK government website provides you with details of how to find one.
You can also sign up for alerts from the UK Government on latest developments.
Other related items to note:
- Freedom of movement will continue until 30 December 2020.
- New immigration system comes into force on 1 January 2021.
- Travel Disruption: If the UK leaves the EU with a deal, a transition period will apply, and all travel will continue as normal.
- If the UK leaves the EU with a deal, what you’ll need to enter the UK will not change until 2021.
- The first rule that passports will need to meet to travel to most countries in Europe is that they must have at least six months left on them.
- The second is that any extra months on a passport over 10 years old may not count towards the six months needed.
- For EU/EEA/Swiss citizens arriving in the UK after the UK leaves the EU, freedom of movement will continue until the new immigration system comes into force on 1 January 2021.
Your browser or network settings do not allow features used by this page. Please try a different browser or network.