Browse April news articles
- Friday 27 April 2012Fierce fighting in the Sudan/South Sudan border regions puts children at great risk as thousands are forced to flee their homes.
- Monday 23 April 2012Lack of funding to prevent the deepening food crisis could leave millions more people facing hunger in the Sahel region.
- Wednesday 11 April 2012Long-time Arsenal fan Paul Smith is taking on a 200-mile journey in his wheelchair to raise money for Save the Children.
- Wednesday 11 April 2012Escalating violence in Syria, including cross-border fire into a refugee camp in Turkey raises urgent concerns for the safety of children fleeing the conflict.
- Wednesday 4 April 2012New figures from the Organisation of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) show that global aid has fallen for the first time in more than a decade. Sixteen countries have cut their aid - and these cuts will impede progress in reducing poverty. Simply, they'll cost children’s lives.
- Wednesday 4 April 2012Fighting in Pakistan's Khyber district has driven a quarter of a million people from their homes since January. Thousands of families, including over 100,000 children, have not got enough food, water or shelter, and are vulnerable to disease.
- Monday 2 April 2012More than 700 runners take part in the 'Be a Gunner. Be a Runner' event at the Emirates Stadium.