Christmas Jumper Day is gonna look a little bit different this year for all of us. But no matter where you are, or if you're taking part at a later date, we have some fun Christmas fundraising event ideas for schools, the workplace and in your home that are all COVID-19 safe!
So, there's plenty of ways you can help raise money and make the world a way better place for children to grow up in.
Whether you're fundraising with a playground or office Christmas jumper challenge, a socially distanced online Christmas party, or an online Christmas Jumper Day quiz, make sure you're keeping safe and having fun!
Got some of your own awesome ideas on COVID-safe ways to raise money? Share them on the #christmasjumperday hashtag on social media to help other people too!
CHRISTMAS FUNDRAISING IDEAS TO GET YOU STARTED
VIRTUAL FUNDRAISING IDEAS
Mute button penalty - every time someone talks on mute, they have to donate to Christmas Jumper Day!
Christmas Jumper Day Quiz - if you're an organisation, match donations to the number of people who join - the more who do, the more you raise!
Christmas Carol-oke - Get on Zoom and get everyone involved in a Christmas singalong. Charge £2 to take part, and extra for requests.
Online Charity Sweepstake - Why not create a competition for you and your friends to do over Zoom? An easy, fun and safe way to raise money!
Online Charity Christmas Party - COVID-19 has made it harder for us all to have fun together, but it can't stop a virtual party! So, get the Christmas playlist ready, outfits on and dance away over Zoom while raising money!
11 Days of Jumpers - think you can take the heat? Wear your jumper for 11 days in a row - no matter where you are
Jumping jumper - get sponsored to do a challenge with a twist. You could run 10k in a jumper, cycle to the next town and back, or star jump in a jumper for as long as you can!
Most jumpers - how many jumpers can you put on in 30 seconds? Challenge yourself and your buddies (just make sure you have a glass of water nearby - all those jumpers can get super warm!)
Be great , decorate! - Tinsel up an ordinary pullover, go all out with sequins and snowmen, or even knit your own.
Get how-to tips from Coach Christmas here
- With how fast everything changes, it can be hard to keep up! The best way to make sure your event follows the most up-to-date guidelines is to check the UK government's coronavirus website
- If you're feeling unwell, don't take part in the event and instead follow government guidance on immediate self-isolation
- Use face coverings like masks to protect yourself and others
- Wash your hands regularly, using soap and water or with a hand sanitiser (if soap and water aren't available)
- Keep at least a 2m distance from other people
- Where possible, don't handle cash. We've got a range of ways for you to pay in safely:
- Once you sign up you'll be offered a team text code that you can share for safe paying in
- We'll also be offering each fundraiser to claim a JustGiving page which will include a QR code to help raise money safely
- Pay in online using our form
- Pay in via our super-friendly team on the phone at 0808 281 0131
- If it's not possible to pay in any other way except cash, visit our FAQs page for more recommendations on how to do this safely
Your browser or network settings do not allow features used by this page. Please try a different browser or network.