Following major floods in Sindh province, we're on the ground helping families rebuild their lives and access healthcare, but there's still a huge amount to do. Please help us reach more children by donating to our Emergency Fund.
What we’re doing
Thanks to your support, we’ve already reached more than 620,000 people by:
- distributing shelter and household kits, including tarpaulin sheeting and cooking equipment
- providing food to last three months to 15,000 families who are most in need
- running mobile clinics, staffed by a doctor and a female health visitor, to get life-saving help to children vulnerable to water-borne diseases and other illnesses
- providing medication and therapeutic food to children, pregnant women and new mothers who we find are malnourished
- setting up safe spaces where children can play, learn and be supported, giving parents time to start to rebuild their lives
- holding public meetings to raise awareness of good health and sanitation practices, given the hazardous environment.
As well as our immediate life-saving work, we’re supporting longer-term recovery. We’re helping families rebuild their lives and ensure they can get good-quality healthcare and education for their children.
Help us continue our vital work in the aftermath of this disaster.