Browse January news articles
- Thursday 26 January 2012Unilever, one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies, will be our main corporate partner on our EVERY ONE campaign over the next three years it was announced today during the launch of The Unilever Foundation, at the World Economic Forum in Davos. The partnership will save and improve the lives of children around the world
- Friday 20 January 2012Last night's 17th annual International Financing Review (IFR) Awards Dinner boosted the total raised for Save the Children to £20 million.
- Wednesday 18 January 2012Thanks to the thousands of you who emailed your MPs and took over Twitter, David Cameron promised to look into the lessons learnt from the East Africa crisis at today's Prime Minister's Questions.
- Wednesday 18 January 2012Thousands of lives could have been saved if the world had acted on early warnings that families in East Africa would face dangerous levels of hunger, says our new report.
- Monday 16 January 2012Registration is now open for the 'Be a Gunner. Be a Runner' event at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday 31 March 2012.
- Thursday 12 January 2012Despite EDF Energy and British Gas announcing price cuts, thousands of British children will still be left in the cold.
- Thursday 12 January 2012Two years after the Haiti earthquake, a severe funding shortage is threatening recovery programmes in the country and putting children’s futures at risk.
- Monday 9 January 2012Thousands of children are at risk of hunger if more funding is not secured for the year ahead.
- Friday 6 January 2012We're delighted to announce that this year's Save the Children World Marathon Challenge, which sees children from all over the world take part in a unique relay event, will take place on Tuesday 16th October.
- Tuesday 3 January 2012Up to 25,000 women and children have fled inter-tribal violence and are hiding in the bush.