Run for Save the Children at the seaside, in the biggest Brighton Marathon yet.
Date: 6 Apr 2014
The race route starts with a loop of gorgeous Preston Park, and then takes in the best of the city centre including the Brighton Pavilion. The course includes fabulous stretches of coastal road with the panoramic views that you’d expect where the glorious South Downs meet the English Channel.
Run with a Charity Place…
Registrations for our Charity Places in the Brighton Marathon 2014 are now open! Complete our Charity Place registration form to get your place now!
To secure a Save the Children Charity Place in the Brighton Marathon 2014, we ask that you pay a registration fee of £50 and commit to fundraising £500 towards our vital work, by one month after the event date.
…or run with your Own Place
General entry to the Brighton Marathon 2014 sold out faster than ever before!
If you've been lucky enough to secure your own place, and would like to run for Save the Children, please complete our Own Place registration form, and we'll send you everything you need to get started with your fundraising, as well as an exclusive running vest!
If you choose to use your own place to run for Save the Children, there’s no minimum sponsorship commitment, we just hope that you’ll raise as much as you can to help save the lives of vulnerable children who need our help. Aim high! You’ll be amazed at what you can achieve.
Why we need you
In the poorest countries around the world, children are dying, at a rate too awful to think about. Basic illnesses like diarrhoea and pneumonia claim 8 million young lives a year. It's in our power to stop this. We believe that no child is born to die, and with your help, we can save the lives of millions of children around the world.
We know what a huge challenge taking on a marathon is. That’s why we’re here to support you every step of the way throughout your journey. Whether you’re a charity place runner or an own place runner, as a member of the Save the Children running team, you will receive:
- an exclusive Save the Children running vest
- a first class fundraising pack and tool-kit, jam-packed with original and classic fundraising ideas
- inspirational training plans and advice on injury prevention, nutrition and kit from our training providers, RunningWithUs
- a dedicated support team on hand to help you with your fundraising, answer your questions and send you any fundraising materials you need
- the support of the loudest cheering team on the day
- the chance to transform the lives of children around the world