Child Refugee Crisis Appeal: donate now
Millions of children around the world have been forced from their homes.
Some have made the perilous trip across the Mediterranean in search of safety in Europe. Millions of others live in areas surrounding their home country where food is scarce and access to education is limited.
And as temperatures drop across Europe and snowstorms hit the Middle East, child refugees are facing a new threat to their wellbeing.
Many are forced to flee with just the clothes on their backs and are sleeping rough in freezing conditions. Others are struggling to stay warm in tents and warehouses without proper heating.
Without help, many children will not survive the winter.
But our teams are on the ground across Europe and the Middle East, working around the clock to help children stay warm, safe and healthy.
What we're doing to help child refugees
We work around the world to help refugees, from Lebanon to Jordan, Greece to Finland.
- We keep children warm by providing warm clothes, blankets and fuel for heating.
- We distribute food, water, blankets and tents to refugee families who have lost everything.
- We make sure that children get vital medical care.
- We reunite lone children with their families and keep them safe from trafficking and exploitation.
- We provide emotional support.
- We set up safe spaces where children can play and mothers can breastfeed.
- We help children get back to into education.
Malak's hands are bandaged because she has frostbite.
She and her family travelled for days in temperatures nearing -10°C on their journey to Belgrade in Serbia.
Up to 1,800 refugees and migrants are currently sleeping rough in abandoned buildings near Belgrade's main train station. They have no beds, heating, water or toilets. And hundreds of children arrive alone with no one to protect them.
At our 24/7 drop-in centre in Belgrade, we offer life-saving assistance to new arrivals. We have a safe space for young people, and our mobile teams reach out to children who are sleeping rough and help them get the support they need.
Across Europe and the Middle East, children like Malak urgently need hot food, winter clothes and protection from the cold.
Donate now to help child refugees:
Or call 0800 8148 148 to donate by phone.