The Central African Republic (CAR) is the world's forgotten crisis. Fighting which broke out last year has brought the country to edge of anarchy. Millions are in desperate need of help.
Our teams are on the ground, in very difficult circumstances, doing whatever it takes to get vital aid to children. But they need your support:
HOW WE'RE HELPING
Our teams have helped 274,300 people including 218,000 children to date.
We're helping doctors save lives:
- Our teams on the ground are delivering life-saving health supplies to ransacked healthcare centres to ensure that they have the medications they so desperately need.
- We are supporting ambulances, health facilities and a hospital to ensure access to life-saving medicines and surgery, in one of the world’s toughest environments.
- We have also helped re-open one of Bangui’s main hospitals.
We're helping children recover from trauma:
- We're running child friendly spaces in Bangui, Kaga-Bandoro, Bambari and Sibut so that children who have been affected by the conflict have a safe space to learn, play.
- At these spaces, children are also receiving the psychosocial support they need to move on with their lives.
- We have reunited over 150 children with their parents in our child protection programmes within the Bangui displaced persons camps.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Or call 0800 8148 148 to donate by phone